Delicious, creamy, full of flavour & comfort - this mushroom risotto feels like eating out in an Italian restaurant without even leaving the house. The recipe is simplified to the maximum, for a smooth and easy cooking experience, but without giving up on the taste effect. With a bunch of simple ingredients and in a few easy steps anyone can make the magic happen!
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Dietary Requirements: Vegetarian, Gluten Free
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
300g white mushrooms, sliced
1 cup risotto rice
3 cups hot vegetable broth
1/2 cup (50g) grated parmesan cheese +2 tbsp to serve
Big handful fresh parsley, chopped + small handful to serve
Salt & pepper to taste
Large pan with a lid
Mixing spoon or spatula
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Heat a large pan over medium heat & add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add onion & garlic & cook for about 2 minutes or until translucent.
2. Stir in the mushrooms & continue cooking for about 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
3. Stir in the rice & toast for about one minute, stirring frequently.
4. Add hot vegetable broth & stir well. Bring to boil, stir again, put the lid on & let simmer over low/medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring every 3-5 minutes. The rice is cooked when all the liquid is absorbed.
5. Turn off the heat, stir in Parmesan cheese & chopped parsley. Taste & adjust salt & pepper.
6. Serve immediately sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese & fresh parsley.
WANT MORE RECIPES THAT ARE DELICIOUS & QUICK TOO COOK, CHECK OUT OUR COOK BOOK HERE!