Who said salads had to be boring?
This nutritious, high protein salad is the perfect go to for meal prepped lunch or dinner during the week! It's super easy to make, so you can make the salad while the sweet potato is cooking in the oven.
Dietary Requirement: Gluten & dairy free
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 100g chicken breast sliced
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup salad vegetables
- 1 tbsp pepitas
- Balsamic vinegar to serve
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Preheat oven to 100 degrees.
2. Dice the sweet potato into small cubes. Add sweet potato to a lined baking tray & bake for 20 minutes.
3. On a chopping board prepare salad vegetables & set aside.
4. On a seperate chopping board thinly slice chicken.
5. In a small frypan over medium heat, drizzle olive oil & add sliced chicken pieces & season with salt & pepper. Fry for 2-4 mins turning over half way, to ensure cooked through.
6. In a serving bowl, assemble the salad mix, salad vegetables, sweet potato & chicken & toss. Serve with balsamic vinegar.
- Summer (@_summerjane)