Healthy Chicken Nuggets and Fries
Your favourite classic with a healthy twist. Crunchy, oil free chicken nuggets served with sweet potato fries and spicy sriracha yoghurt dip. Who would ever say no to this? Btw, this ones Phase 2 approved!
- 1 boneless chicken breast (around 100g) cut in nugget-size pieces
- 1 medium/small sweet potato, peeled and cut in stripes
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt (or unsweetened coconut yoghurt)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cornflakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, mix natural yoghurt with sriracha, garlic powder and a pinch of salt
2. Prepare cornflake crumbs by pulsing cornflakes in a food processor until broken into very small pieces.
3. Place nugget-size pieces of chicken breast in a bowl along with half of the prepared yoghurt dip. Use your hands to get sure each chicken piece is well coated.
4. Transfer cornflake crumbs to a second bowl or plate. Dip each nugget in the crumbs until all the pieces are evenly coated.
5. Preheat oven to 200C. Arrange the nuggets on one side of a baking tray.
6. Place sweet potato fries on the other side of the tray.
7. Sprinkle salt, pepper and add a teaspoon of olive oil to the fries. Toss and arrange the fries on the baking tray to assure they bake evenly.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crumbs are golden brown and the meat is cooked through.
Serve with the remaining sriracha yoghurt dip. ENJOY!