This is one of the most delicious ways to combine all the benefits of our favourite superfoods - avocado and eggs - in one meal. Easy and quick to prepare, but at the same time so delicious and fancy looking.
Definitely the best idea for an epic, low-carb, grain-free, rich in protein and nutritious brunch or lunch. Phase 1 Approved!
- 1 large avocado, cut in half, pit removed
- 2 small/ medium eggs
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- for topping: micro greens and chili flakes
1. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of flesh from each avocado, making enough space for the eggs. (Save scooped avocado for smoothies, salads or toasts)
2. Place avocados in a small baking dish and gently crack an egg into each well.
3. Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper on top.
4. Pop into the oven preheated to 200C and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the eggs are set.
5. Garnish with micro greens and chili flakes (if desired) and serve immediately.