Eating clean or on that #healthkick? This doesn't mean you have to deprive yourself of tasty treats. Just opt for the healthier options!
Muffins that are packed full of protein... need I say more? Smash down one or two of these tasty guys pre or post work out to fuel those gains!
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 10 muffins
Dietary Requirements: Vegan
- 1 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mixing bowl
- Muffin tray or mould
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add flour, protein powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a smaller bowl mix plant milk, apple sauce, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix only until combined (don't over mix).
- Transfer the batter into lined muffin pans or silicone moulds (approximately 2 tablespoons of batter per muffin).
- Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 20-23 minutes.