Trending: 5 Important Tips To Improve Gut Health!
Toward the end of 2017, the rise in popularity of pantry items such as apple cider vinegar, turmeric, and kombucha were circulating like wild fire through our health and wellness forums and trending amongst our favourite celebrities.
I’m sure you know what I’m referring to right? You’ve seen Kourtney Kardashian recommending shots of Apple Cider Vinegar for breakfast... or you might have noticed your friends are ordering turmeric lattes instead of their regular skinny cap.
If you’re like the majority, you’ve probably been wondering what benefits could possibly come out of consuming these often unpleasant tasting products. Well, FitazFK is about to break it down for you!
These items have become huge wellness trends because of their relation to GUT HEALTH.
We have no trouble investing in our exteriors, but we rarely stop to think about our internal health. Our guts are FKing important, and is a crucial player to propel your 8 week FitazFK challenges and get the best possible outcomes.
Without a healthy gut, our body struggles to digest food properly, our immune system begins to decline, and other factors begin to worsen such as our skin health.
So, to get the best FKing results out of our fitness programs, we suggest following these 5 simple healthy hacks to improve your gut!
- Stay Hydrated: I know this might be self explanatory, however drinking lots of water throughout your day will improve your digestion and overall health tenfold. Not drinking enough water throughout your day slows down your ability to digest food, which directly links to weight gain. You will be able to tell that you’re drinking enough water if your urine is a light straw colour.
- Fermented foods: This is a weird one to get your head around for some, but fermented foods are abundant with beneficial enzymes, lactic acid, b-vitamins and various strains of probiotics promoting a healthy, functioning gut. You should try to include Kombutcha, Kim Chi, yoghurt with live cultures, miso and tamarin in your next grocery shop!
- Increase your prebiotic intake: Whether you opt for prebiotic supplements, or find natural prebiotic- rich foods, your gut bacteria will use this as fuel to nourish growth and activity.
- Avoid the use of antibiotics!: If you didn’t know already - antibiotics wreak absolute fking havoc on your digestive system, often killing good bacteria as well. Try using more natural options first if you’re dealing with the common cold or flu!
- Fibre intake: This is another obvious one, however it’s usually the first thing people neglect in when dieting. Upping your fibre is essential for having a diverse set of bacteria, and is great for healthy digestion!
So there you have it! You’ve got the full FitazFK rundown, and a few handy tips and tricks as well to help battle an unhappy gut. For more enlightening posts like this, head to our FitazFK Blog here!
Follow @Fitazfk on Instagram