Spiced Chickpeas For Snack Addicts!
POSTED BY WENDY SERRANO · MARCH 22, 2018
SNACKS. A term that is often associated negatively when trying to lose that extra bit of weight. The urge to snack gets to us even on our best days, but what if we told you we have the perfect fking solution to those 3pm cravings?
Spiced chickpeas are a perfect snack option for those on the go. Not only are chickpeas high in protein and fibre promoting healthy digestion, but they contain essential vitamins and minerals to control blood sugar levels, and protect against heart disease and cancer.
Plus they taste FKING AMAZING. Want more delicious recipes like this? Check out our cookbook!
Try them for yourself below:
HERES WHAT YOU NEED
- 1x 420g Can Chickpeas
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 2 TSP Olive Oil
HERES HOW TO MAKE THEM
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and place on paper towel to dry.
- Spread chickpeas evenly over baking paper, bake for 30 minutes, or until crisp.
- Combine cinnamon, maple syrup, olive oil and salt together in a bowl and stir until well combined. Toss chickpeas through syrup mixture.
- Spread chickpeas back onto baking paper and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Follow @Fitazfk on Instagram