We receive many messages from mamas worried they won’t have enough time to complete 5 x 28 min workouts per week during Transform.
Sometimes starting a new fitness routine can be daunting, and our mind starts to go into overdrive thinking of all the ways this change isn’t going to work. Self sabotage 101.
Our number 1 tip to getting your head around this change is to break your day down into hours. There are 24 hours in a day. Let’s say you’re one of the lucky ones who gets 8 hours sleep. You now have 16 hours left. Let’s say you work for 8 of these hours, 1 hour travel each way to work. This leave 6 hours. How are you spending these 6 extra hours?
One simple idea would be to look at your screen time. Now that you have recovered from the shock of how long you're spending on socials every day, we suggest taking 28 mins out of this screen time. Anytime you feel like sitting down on the couch to mindlessly scroll, this is the time to do your workout This is the beauty of at home workouts, it doesn’t require any travel time!
If you cannot gift yourself these 28 minutes per day to move your body & feel better it's time to reassess why & then re arrange a few things within your day to prioritise yourself.
Here are 5 extra tips to finding the time:
1. Steal 28 minutes from your screen time on social media everyday
2. Wake up 30 minutes earlier. You can live off less than 8 hours sleep!
3. Go to bed earlier so you can wake up earlier (especially if you have a mini who is breaking up your sleep during the night)
4. Don't watch any TV for yourself until you've done your daily workout
5. Ask for support! - This is a big one. Ask a family member or partner to support your new lifestyle by stepping up and watching baby/babies while you workout for 28 minutes. If you don't have support, Paw Patrol for the win?
New mamas suffer from mum guilt when they do something for themselves as they think there is always something else they need to do. But it is so important to give yourself a small amount of time every day dedicated to you. If you aren't nourishing your body with healthy foods, sunshine & movement, everyone around you will end up suffering in the long run as you may end up feeling lethargic, resentful, moody & unhappy. It's like when you fly on a plane & the flight attendant runs you through the safety briefing; "Put your oxygen mask on first, before helping others". What good will you be to those around you, if you have nothing left to give?
Taking the first step is sometimes the hardest part. Us humans hate change, but it only takes a short time to form a new habit. Make it a good one.
Rediscover you. Reclaim your energy. Reignite your confidence.
Are you ready to Transform?