Our Famous Twix Recipe!
Easter might be well and truly over, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy your treats all year round... Without dismantling your hard work and dedication to completing your FitazFK 8 Week Challenge of course!
What if we told you we’ve got the PERFECT guilt-free solution to satisfy your sweet cravings!
Well, here it is! The most popular FitazFK recipe of all time... OUR TWIX BARS!
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flower
- 1/4 cup agave or other liquid sweetener
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp agave
- Add cashews and blanched almonds to food processor and pulse until it becomes flour-like. This happens quickly. Make sure not to over-pulse or else it with begin turning into nut butter.
- Add coconut flour and pulse again until mixed well.
- Add agave and coconut oil and pulse again until the mixture starts to stick together.
- Press down crust into bar sized moulds. (If you don't have moulds, you can use a small brownie tin or something similar, and later cut into slices).
- Store in freezer while you make the caramel.
- Melt maple butter (the thick part), maple syrup and coconut oil until melted down.
- Allow to cool and come down to at least room temperature.
- Add mixture to shaker or bottle and shake until it thickens and looks more caramel-like.
- Store in freezer to firm up. This will never totally solidify. It will always remain caramel-like even if you leave it in the freezer overnight. Leave in freezer for a couple of hours before adding to the crust.
- Once it’s ideal for adding crust, remove crusts from moulds (or slice into similar sized bites if you are using a brownie tin).
- Add a little ‘caramel’ to each one and place back into freezer (this may get messy, that’s normal!) You can save a little extra caramel to add at the last minute before dipping into the chocolate).
- Melt cacao butter on low heat in a pot.
- Add cocoa powder and agave, mixing well.
- Set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- When it’s ready, remove bars one by one from freezer (add extra caramel if needed) and place them on a fork, one at a time, dip them into chocolate. You’ll notice the chocolate starts to harden right away.
- As soon as it looks firm enough, place them back into the freezer to firm up completely (this one takes a few minutes) and devour!
Loved this? Head to our cookbook for more healthy recipes straight from the FitazFK kitchen!
Follow @Fitazfk on Instagram