Light Salmon Pasta - PHASE 2 APPROVED!
Looking for something on the lighter side for lunch? Look no further!
This light salmon pasta dish is filled with flavour and better yet, super easy to make.
Ready to be served in just 25 minutes. Perfect as a warm dinner option, the leftovers keep well in the fridge and taste great re-heated in microwave or as cold pasta salad. YUM!
What you'll need:
- 80g salmon fillet Skinless
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50g pasta of choice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup green peas
- Frozen 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Handful of fresh basil, chopped
1.Place salmon fillet on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven preheated to 200C for 12-15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Add olive oil, minced garlic and frozen peas to the skillet. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, adding a bit of water if necessary.
4. Add spinach and cook for one more minute.
5. Use a fork to divide salmon fillet into bite-size chunks. Add salmon chunks, cooked pasta and lemon juice to the skillet. Continue cooking for 30 seconds, stirring continuously.
6. Remove from the heat and mix in chopped basil leaves. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
7. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately. ENJOY!
Follow @Fitazfk on Instagram