You don't have to forget about pasta when trying to reduce the amount of carbs in your diet. Zucchini noodles look like pasta, they are filling, delicious and much healthier! Paired with shrimp cooked in lemon juice and garlic they make a tasty, easy and nutritious Phase 1 approved lunch!
- 1 medium\small zucchini
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 80g raw shrimp, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 of a lamon, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 of an avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Make zucchini noodles by spiralizing raw zucchini.
2. Heat olive oil in the skillet. Add shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
3. Add minced garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt, cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Add zucchini noodles and parsley and stir well. Let cook for about 30 seconds, don't overcook the zoodles.
5. It's ready! Transfer to a bowl, add freshly cracked black pepper to taste and, if desired, serve with more chopped parsley and freshly squeezed lemon juice.