Oh, Anzac cookies... an Australian delight!
That perfectly crisp and crumbly texture we all know too well. Not to mention, this version is delicious and healthy.
Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? Think again!
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE THEM:
1 cup oats
1 cup shredded coconut flakes
1 cup Gluten Free Baking Flour (I use Bob's Redmill)
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
2 tbsp agave
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp boiling water
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1. Add oats, coconut flakes, baking flour and coconut sugar to a bowl and mix.
2. Melt butter and agave together.
3. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water.
4. Add baking soda / water mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Pour the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Add melted coconut oil to the mixture and mix well again.
7. Roll into balls and place on a baking tray.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and flatten tops of cookies with a spatula if needed.
10. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
Like the recipe? Head over to @natalyahardan for more healthy foodie inspo!