The best day of the year is here - Monday 5th February marks World Nutella Day! (Okay, maybe not the BEST BEST day, but pretty damn close).
As you may know, we like to play a little bit differently to other "fitness brands." We don't like to think of ourselves as extremists. We like to have a bit of fun, be cheeky and just enjoy ourselves in the process... after all, life is about fking balance!
Now we're not saying to grab a jar of the chocolate goodness and binge on the latest of Riverdale, but what we DO have, is the next best thing to honour the glorious spread for all the choc-lovers out there.
Enjoy our fave Nutella Protein Balls recipe straight from our What The Fk Should I Eat Cookbook.
Like we said, you can have your cake, and eat it too.
WHAT DO I NEED:
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/4 cup chocolate WPI (we love True Protein!)
- 8 pitted dates (soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp choc hazelnut spread (use a PURE cacao hazelnut spread if you can!)
- 1-2 tbsp coconut milk (almond milk is also okay!)
- Coconut & cacao for dusting
HOW DO I MAKE IT:
1. Blend dates & water into a paste
2. Add hazelnut meal, protein powder, cacao powder, coconut oil & hazelnut spread and blend until mixture comes together
3. Add extra coconut milk if required to reach a consistency which can be rolled into balls
4. Dust with coconut or cacao & chill them in the fridge for at least 20 minutes
Stuck on other snack ideas? Bored with your current eating plan? Healthy doesn't have to be boring!