Clean Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream!
Yup, you read that right! Need I say more? This one's for my fellow chocoholics out there. This ice cream will be the easiest ice cream you ever make. The hardest part is waiting for it to firm up in the freezer. But, in regard to preparation, all you need is about 3 minutes of your time for the ice cream portion and about 5 minutes of your time for the brownie portion. I'm serious!!
The funny thing about chocolate is that when consumed in the right portions, it doesn't have to be unhealthy! My advice: always stick to 70% or above to reap the benefits (forget milk chocolate) and always use unsweetened cacao powder when making a sweet treat.
So, for today's chocolate ice cream, all you need is a mixing bowl, a whisk (or fork), an ice cube tray and 3 ingredients: full fat coconut milk, agave and unsweetened cacao powder. THAT'S IT!
If you want to add in the brownie chunks, all you need is a processor and these ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, date paste, cacao powder, agave, almond milk and salt!
Let's get to it!!
1 can full fat coconut milk, unsweetened
1/4 cup agave
1/4 cup cacao powder, unsweetened
1/2 cup almond flour, blanched
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup date paste
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup agave
2 tbsp almond milk
- For the ice cream, add coconut milk, agave and cacao powder to a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight.
- For brownie chunks, add almond flour and coconut flour to a processor and pulse only for 2 seconds to make sure the flours are mixed.
- Add date paste, cacao powder, agave, almond milk and pinch of salt to the processor and pulse all ingredients together until they stick together.
- Remove mixture from processor and flatten it out on a baking sheet.
- Cut into small even sized chunks to later add to the ice cream.
- Store in fridge overnight until the ice cream is firm.
- When ice cream is firm, pop out the ice cream cubes from the ice tray and add them to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add brownie chunks to the ice cream and either eat straight right away or store in freezer for about 30 more minutes to firm up even more (depending on the consistency you like)!
Like the recipe? Head over to @natalyahardan for more healthy foodie inspo!